Top 10 Things to do at Mt. Rose
[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]When you visit Mt. Rose, you’re not only going to enjoy some of the best skiing in the region, you’ll have convenient access to the incredible shopping, dining and activities just minutes away in the “Biggest Little City.”
No matter what you decide, you’re sure to have fun. And, depending on what you’re up for, you can make your experience as high energy or as relaxing as you desire. The only challenge? Figuring out how to fit it all in to your schedule!
So, what are the top 10 things to do when you visit Mt. Rose?
- Take the Northwest Magnum 6 to the summit for stunning views of downtown Reno and Mt. Rose just to the North. Then head down the longest ski run at the mountain, Around the World, a 2.5 mile cruiser.
- Ski or ride The Chutes for 1,500 vertical feet of some of the most coveted advanced terrain in the region.
- Stop into the Winters Creek Lodge for great food and spectacular expansive views of Reno and the Washoe Valley.
- End your day on the mountain at the Timbers Bar featuring a wide and changing variety of both local as well as regional beers including the Reno’s own Great Basin Brewing Company.
- Ready for a little retail therapy before you start après ski? Check out the shopping options just 14 miles down the road at the Summit Sierra Mall or the outlet stores at the Legends at Sparks Marina. Cabela’s and Scheels will round out the needs of any outdoorsman.
- Hungry? From all-you-can-eat buffets to fresh sushi, creative tapas tastings and juicy steaks, you’ll find anything your palate desires in Reno.
- Take in a movie and relax in the reclining theater seats at the Galaxy Luxury + IMAX Legends in Sparks, or get your adrenaline going at indoor Go Kart track, Need for Speed.
- Not ready to call it a night? Enjoy the unmatched nightlife in Reno with 24/7 gaming, live music, night clubs, family activities at the Grand Sierra Resort and more!
- Test your climbing abilities at BaseCamp, home to the world’s tallest climbing wall, as well as a 7,000-square-foot indoor bouldering park.
- Looking for a way to relax? Renew, rejuvenate and restore at Spa Toscana at the Peppermill and enjoy the nation’s only Caldarium that includes an indoor pool, sun deck and Secret Garden. Treat yourself to a spa day with the treatment of your choice.