Shopping in South Lake Tahoe
[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]Every so often, a girl needs something new. Perhaps something shiny. Or slinky. Or sturdy. Depending on your needs (or wants), shopping in South Lake Tahoe doesn’t mean you have to take a break from your vacation.
- Apricot Lane Boutique (1001 Heavenly Village Way, Suite 4, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150): There are times when ski pants just aren’t dressy enough, and this is when I stop in at Apricot Lane in the Shops at Heavenly Village. With a flattering and current collection, they can outfit you for a night on the town – or dinner with your in-laws – with style.
- Pearl Izumi Factory Store (2018 Lake Tahoe Blvd, Space 19, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150): When spandex is more your speed, cruise down to Pearl Izumi at the Factory Stores at the “Y.” Merick and his staff are knowledgeable and friendly, and they always have great deals on cycling and running clothes and gear.
- Lake of the Sky Outfitters (1023 Emerald Bay Road, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150): This small and personable shop carries everything you need for your next hiking adventure. Boots? Check. Socks? Yep. Maps? You betcha. Peter and Nancy can help you select the gear that is best for your trip (and budget), and get you out into the beautiful Lake Tahoe backcountry pronto.
- V’z Image Option’z (298 Kingsbury Grade, Lake Tahoe, NV 89449): A beauty bar and full service salon, Val and her staff know how to make you look and feel your best. They carry quality product lines like Pureology, DermaQuest, and Sorme Cosmetics, and encourage you to experiment with a new look – even if it’s just a new eyeliner.
- Gaia-Licious Global Gifts (987 Tallac Ave, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150): Whether you’re looking for candles, incense, jewelry, or need a gift for that hard-to-buy-for person on your list, Gaia-Licious is a true local treasure trove. Stocked to the brim with unique, handcrafted, and locally-made products, this is a must-stop on any shopper’s visit to South Lake Tahoe.
- Dog Dog Cat (4000 Lake Tahoe Blvd., Suite C-17, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150): They have a great selection of quality foods and treats, and the cutest little sweaters and toys for your “fur baby.” My dog, Jersey, makes a beeline for their front door as soon as I let her out of the car. I think she appreciates the large selection of squeaky toys, but it might be because no matter what we go in for, we never leave without a treat.