New York Can Now Fly Non-stop to Lake Tahoe on JetBlue
[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]Imagine a world where you can board a plane in one place, say New York City, and disembark in your dream ski destination, with no changing of planes, no figuring out how to get to the transfer gate, and no wondering whether your snowboard will make it.
That world is real.
In case you missed it, JetBlue now offers non-stop air service from John F. Kennedy International Airport into Reno-Tahoe International Airport. The flight will be offered daily during most of the winter, and its timing allows skiers and snowboarders to maximize their time on the slopes without needing to sacrifice travel days on each end of a vacation.
In other words, East Coast, a long ski weekend at Lake Tahoe is now a reality. And a really affordable reality at that, thanks to some screaming fare deals.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_single_image image=”696″ border_color=”grey” img_link_large=”” img_link_target=”_self” img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][vc_column_text]
Colby Albino tests his wings| Photo: Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort
Recently named one of the “Best Airports for Skiers” by SKI Magazine, Reno-Tahoe International Airport has completed more than $27.5 million in renovations designed to streamline the security process, ensure reliable baggage handling and provide a wider variety of shopping and dining options. You’ll also find convenient ground transportation and rental car options on site (read: you don’t need to get on a shuttle to pick up your rental vehicle off-site), which lets you get on the road and onto your final destination quickly and efficiently. And since the airport is only 30 minutes from world-class skiing and riding, and you can see how truly easy it is to get to Lake Tahoe. [/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”697″ alignment=”center” border_color=”grey” img_link_large=”” img_link_target=”_self” img_size=”full”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]
One final step before hitting the slopes | Photo: Heavenly Mountain Resort
Why Lake Tahoe this winter? Here are our five top reasons.
- We have more ski and snowboard resorts in close proximity than any other winter destination in North America. Generally speaking, more is better. And by more, we mean over 22,000 acres of terrain.
- Within that ‘more’, you’ll find a HUGE variety of skiing and snowboarding options (groomers, steeps, bowls, parks, pipes, bumps, powder), with Lake Tahoe serving as an awe-inspiring centerpiece. Or backdrop, depending on your location.
- Lake Tahoe itself.Awe-inspiring (see #2) doesn’t begin to cover it. You need to see it to understand just how big, blue and mesmerizing it is.
- You’ve got both California’s laid back vibe *and* Nevada’s “anything goes” attitude, which means you can fill your Tahoe ski vacation with an endless array of fun-filled diversions ranging from big-name entertainment to 24/7 Vegas-style gaming and nightlife.
- You can fly here non-stop from New York City. ‘Nuff said.
What are you waiting for? Go book your JetBlue flight to Reno this winter. We’ll save you a spot in the lift line – promise![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]