5 Reasons to Plan Your Lake Tahoe Winter Vacation
Thinking about heading to Lake Tahoe this winter? Let us help make that decision easier with five reasons why you need put Tahoe on your must-ski list this winter.
1. Convenient Access – From New York, getting to Lake Tahoe is easier than you think. JetBlue offers nonstop air service from JFK to Reno-Tahoe International Airport. Once you land, world-class skiing is only 30 minutes away on all weather highways.
2. Stunning Scenery (that lake!) – Lake Tahoe invites superlatives. Spectacular. Majestic. Beautiful. Admittedly, not all of us are as poetic as Mark Twain, who described it as ‘the fairest picture the whole world affords’, but you get the picture. Tahoe’s clear blue waters are truly magnificent (see what we did there?), and when surrounded by the snow-capped peaks of the Sierra Nevada range, make the perfect backdrop to a ski and snowboard vacation – and your vacation photos.
3. Unparalleled Nightlife and Entertainment – Things don’t wind down when the lifts close here. On the contrary, that’s when the fun begins. Après ski parties, live music, dancing, and that unique Nevada style nightlife make Lake Tahoe unlike any other ski destination. If your type of nightlife involves an intimate gourmet meal or s’mores around a fire pit, you’ll find that here too.
4. West Coast Sunshine – The Tahoe region receives an average of 300+ days of sunshine a year *and* an average annual snowfall of 400 inches. This seeming contradiction means you can get both your powder fix and your goggle tan, sometimes at the same time.
5. North America’s largest concentration of ski resorts – The Ski Lake Tahoe resorts boast over 22,000 acres of terrain for you to explore, from groomers to bumps, tight chutes to wide open bowls, parks and pipes, and everything in between. Are you ready?
Learn more about planning your Lake Tahoe ski and snowboard vacation.