Top 10 Things to Do at Northstar
- Shred perfect groomers: With the largest snowmaking and grooming fleet on the North Shore, Northstar California’s snow surfaces team is second-to-none. Enjoy cool, comfortable corduroy like you’ve never seen before. Take some turns with friends on an impossibly blue-sky day and embrace stunning views of Martis Valley below.
- Explore world-class alpine tree skiing: Northstar California maintains a strong connection to its origin as a lumber site, with beautiful skiable tree-lined terrain. Enjoy wide lanes in Lower Grouse Alley off of East Ridge, or push your skills to the next level on the Backside.
- tost: Every day at 2pm, Northstar welcomes you to join fellow skiers and snowboarders for a complimentary glass of bubbly on East Ridge. Raise a glass as we celebrate friends, snow and all things Tahoe. You can continue the celebrations into the evening, as bottles and half-bottles are available for purchase following the tost.
- Mountain Table: Enjoy a beautiful star-lit gondola ride as you ascend to the Zephyr lodge, where your seat awaits. Explore delectable food and wine pairings, hand-selected by Northstar’s team of chefs in collaboration with the winemakers themselves. Happening on select Fridays throughout the season, these intimate dinners are the perfect way to kick off your perfect ski weekend.
- High-end shopping: Take advantage of the best collection of high-end shops in Tahoe. Featuring landmark brands like Patagonia, The North Face, Burton, Oakley, Icebreakers and more, you won’t find a better selection. Take a spin on performance demo skis and snowboards at True North, Burton and Butterbox. For a full list of available shops, visit northstarcalifornia.com
- S’mores: Every day at 3:30pm, join us in the village for complimentary s’mores for the whole family. Our dedicated team of s’mores delivery agents, outfitted with the latest s’more distribution technology – the S’moresmobile – spread joy and chocolatey smiles every afternoon, all season long. Cozy up next to the fire pits by the ice rink and chow down.
- Take a lesson: Northstar California’s Adventure, Guiding & Learning has been called the “ski school of the future,” but you don’t have to wait. No matter your skill level, our expert team of coaches and instructors can help you take your abilities to the next level. Whether you’re strapping on a pair of skis for the first time or have been on snow as long as you can remember, let our guides help you unlock your perfect day on our mountain. Learn the secrets of the pros to find the best hidden spots, navigate lunch like a champion and get the most comfort and performance out of your gear. Call 1-800-GoNorth or make your reservation online at northstarcalifornia.com
- Ice skating & live music: There’s nothing like unwinding after a great day of skiing like kicking back next to the fire, drink in-hand, with families ice skating on a 10,000+ ft rink. Enjoy complimentary skating every day, weather permitting, in the heart of Northstar’s cozy village. Surrounded by shops and restaurants and basking in live music from a band or DJ, there’s no better way start the evening.
- Terrain park: Whether you’ve never hit a rail or have won a gold medal, Northstar California’s award-winning terrain park has something for you. Enjoy our progressive, terrain-based approach to get into a rhythm and bring some serious flow to your day of riding. Our top-notch park crew continually reinvents and reinvigorates our park offering, with an unmatched collection of jumps and jibs.
- The Ritz: Elevate your mountain experience at the only ski-in/ski-out 5-diamond mountain resort in California. Grab lunch with full view of the mountain at the Backyard Barbecue, featuring delicious meats smoked on-site. Unwind from a long few days of skiing with a relaxing treatment at the spa.